1) Register your school online. Registration opens January 6.
2) Download and copy our pledge forms or send students to www.mfne.org to take the pledge online.
3) Get at least 70% of your grade(s) to sign the pledge. If you are sending by mail, gather all of your signed pledge sheets, attach them to the official cover sheet, and return the entire packet to:
Attn: Amy Mason
Melanoma Foundation of New England
111 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner
Concord, MA 01742
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Raffle Drawing - $500
Four schools from each New England state will win!
School with the highest percentage of pledges - $1,000
School with the highest total number of pledges - $1,000
Raffle Prizes - $50 Visa Gift Card
for individual Pledge Signers, twelve winners.
WHO CAN WIN?
High schools in the six New England States of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont are eligible to participate.
The Your Skin Is In contest opens January 6th. Contest entries are due: April 30, 2014.
The contest drawing will be held on 5/5/14.
HOW CAN I GET MY CLASSMATES TO TAKE THE PLEDGE?
1. Check out our posters
and print the ones you like to hang up at your school. Or make your own posters and flyers.
2. Set up a table at lunch period or during advisory with pledge forms
and the facts of tanning to get classmates to sign the pledges.
3. Share our two videos, the new Exposed
and Tanning is Out
during an assembly, advisory, home room or at a lunch or free period. Or send the link to your friends.
4. Make an announcement during school about the program and tell them how much money your school could win.
5. Email us at email@example.com
to see if there is a speaker available to visit your school and talk about their experience with melanoma (no cost to you). You can also request that our speaker or volunteer brings a facial scanner to show students the damaging effects if UV rays.
6. Show your classmates the facts of tanning
- they will most likely want to sign the pledge!
Questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org