Application Submission Process
- Please allow for 20-30 minutes to complete your Team Running for Cover application. We recommend spending additional time, prior to starting your application, outlining your fundraising plan as this is an integral part of your application.
- If your $20 application fee* is not received, your application is incomplete and will not be considered. (*Application fee is not required for runners who provide their own official marathon entry.)
- Keep your browser active. If timed-out or accidentally closed you will need to start the application over. It may be helpful to draft your responses in a word program and copy and paste responses to the proper box.
- Please use upper-and lower-case characters, especially in name/address fields.
- For singlet and shirt sizes, go with a larger choice if you’re between sizes or not quite sure.
Application Review and Team Selection Process
- Official RFC applications will be available on September 11th.
- After your application is received, you may be contacted for an interview with IMPACT Melanoma staff.
- We have a limited number of race entries. Runners will be selected based on the responses provided in the Team Running for Cover application and their phone interview. Each application is reviewed with scrutiny and we select those who we feel will be the best fit for the team. We look for runners who have a strong connection to our organization/melanoma and who make an aggressive fundraising commitment with a strong plan to exceed their goal.
- Applications from Team Running for Cover veterans are also evaluated on past participation, fundraising results and demonstrated success in exceeding the fundraising minimum.
Once the team is complete, any runner who has not been accepted will be added to our wait list. If a team member withdraws from the team, a wait-listed runner will be invited to join the team. You will be notified by email once team selection is complete.
Applicants with their own official marathon entry (from the B.A.A. or another source) will be accepted upon confirmation of race entry. IMPACT Melanoma does not allow, encourage, or provide training or other assistance to unregistered runners.